Monday, June 8, 2009

Monthly Expenses

Since I don't have a post of stuff I've bought in June yet (trying to save up some money currently), I figured I'd make a post about our monthly expenses.

Rent = $500 ($250 per check)
His cellphone = $50ish (trying to get this lowered by looking into pay-as-you-go plans)
[My cellphone = $22 (still on my mom's plan so she currently pays it)]
My car insurance = $35 (used to be like $20 more until I switched to Geico)
His car insurance = paid every 6 months
Storage building rent = $40
Netflix = $16
Internet = $70ish ($55 of that is reimbursed from his job; since my mom and brother also use this service, it sort of 'evens out' my cellphone payment)

Andrew gets an additional 'work cellphone' so he doesn't really need a personal cellphone. Also, I'd love to condense down into one car so we'd only have one insurance payment. (Looking into trading our 2 cars in for a newer and slightly bigger one-really want a a Fit!) The need for the storage building will hopefully be eliminated once we have our own place, but I don't know. We both enjoy Netflix so we'll keep that. Rent is obviously required, and we're internet whores so we need that.

I've been trying to see where we can cut down on our bills and expenses. Thank god we don't have student loans, car payments or credit card debt. If anything, we might have a small car payment if we decide to get a newer car at some point. I love both of our current vehicles, but they're both 2-door and so small and inconvenient sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment